Update Emirates ID with Etisalat, Virgin Mobile and du | An alert message flashed on my smartphone screen, warning me to update my Emirates ID information registered under my mobile number, courtesy of Virgin Mobile. The notification emphasized that failing to complete this crucial process within 60 days could lead to a suspension of telecom services.
It so happened that I had recently renewed my residency visa and Emirates ID, a move that required me to update my crucial documents with not just my bank but also my telecom provider. Interestingly, this is not an isolated case; the other prominent telecommunications giants in the UAE, Etisalat and Du, have been actively urging their customers to ensure their expired Emirates ID details are refreshed.
The Importance of an Updated ID for All Customers
It’s essential to note that all customers, whether residents or UAE nationals, are required to maintain a valid ID in accordance with the regulations set forth by the Telecommunications and Digital Government Regulatory Authority (TDRA).
Consequences of ID Expiry
In the event of an expired Emirates ID, you are granted a grace period of 60 days within which you must update your ID with the new Emirates ID (EID) to avoid any service suspension. Beyond this grace period, your plan and wallet balance may be forfeited. For the subsequent 30 days, you’ll still receive incoming calls and SMS but will be unable to make calls, send SMS, or use data services.
If you miss this window, your line will be suspended. However, you do have a 12-month window to provide your new ID for reactivation. Failure to provide a new ID within this timeframe will result in the termination of your phone number.
Updating Your Emirates ID for Virgin Mobile, Etisalat, and Du
Here’s a detailed guide on how to update your Emirates ID information with all three major telecom providers in the UAE: Virgin Mobile, Etisalat, and Du.
To update your Emirates ID or Passport with Virgin Mobile, you can visit the nearest store, including kiosks or Virgin Megastores. It’s important to note that you must be physically present in the UAE to complete this update. At present, the update option within the Virgin Mobile app is unavailable, and users are directed to visit a physical store.
Etisalat provides three methods for updating your ID:
- Updating through the Website:
- Log in to the Etisalat website using UAE PASS.
- Visit the ‘Mobile Registration Renewal’ page under ‘My Account.’
- Upload the front and back of your Emirates ID, and the information will be automatically entered.
- Verify the details and submit the form to complete the process.
- My Etisalat UAE Mobile App:
- Download the My Etisalat UAE app.
- Log in using your username and password or UAE PASS.
- Tap ‘update now’ on the home screen or go to your profile and select ‘update my Emirates ID.’
- Continue with UAE Pass, select the accounts to update, and follow the authentication process.
- Updating through Outlets:
- You can also update your Emirates ID information by visiting an Etisalat store or using a payment machine provided by Etisalat.
Du offers three methods to update your Emirates ID:
- Through the Website:
- Click on ‘Update ID’ on the top-right navigation bar.
- Log in or register for a new account if needed.
- Select your number to update your Emirates ID, receive a verification code, and complete the process.
- Through the App:
- Ensure you have the UAE Pass app and the du App installed on your phone.
- Prepare your documents in the UAE Pass app.
- Launch the du App, select ‘Update ID,’ and follow the on-screen instructions.
- Du Stores:
- Visit a du store with your Emirates ID card and passport to update your information in person.
Keeping your Emirates ID up to date is crucial to maintaining uninterrupted telecom services in the UAE. Be sure to follow the appropriate process for your telecom provider to avoid any service disruptions.