If an Indian, Pakistani, Sri Lankan or other restricted-country passenger’s transit time exceeds 10 hours, they can leave the airport
A new service has been introduced by Dubai’s flagship airline Emirates to enable its transit passengers who must wait longer to get on their next flight to catch their flight. Travelers can use Dubai Connect to get a free hotel and transfer accommodations, as well as a visa, to enter the United Arab Emirates.
The Dubai Connect services are available on connecting flights with connections lasting from 10 to 24 hours. All cabin classes (First Class, Business, and Economy) are included. Booking must be done at least 24 hours in advance of the flight.
To Book Dubai Connect, Follow the below:
- Dubai Connect must be booked on the best possible connecting flight on the passenger’s itinerary. So, your Dubai stopover needs to be the shortest possible between your two flights.
- Dubai Connect is not applicable if the connecting flight departs after an earlier connecting flight to the passenger’s destination.
- Travelers who book a Dubai Connect Package from one of the restricted countries (Bangladesh, India, Nigeria, Pakistan, Sri Lanka, South Africa, Uganda, Vietnam, Zambia) must comply with the entry and regulatory requirements of their final destination.
- For travelers from restricted countries, if transit is more than 10 hours, it will be necessary to leave the airport.
- If you are not eligible to apply for Dubai Connect, you can stay in a hotel or with relatives and friends at your own expense if you have a preapproved visa or are eligible for visa-on-arrival.
- The person is not allowed to be boarding at the point of origin if he or she does not have evidence that he or she can leave the airport for a transit over 10 hours.