Burj is an Arabic origin word which means Tower and Khalifa means UAE king’s sur name that means Khalifa’s tower or UAE king’s tower. Burj Khalifa is also known as Burj Dubai earlier before the inauguration in 2010. The Burj Khlaifa is a tallest skyscraper in Dubai, UAE. Is totally height is 829.8m (2,722 feet) and roof height is 82m (2,717 feet) including a spire with 244m height.
The Burj khalifa has been the tallest building in the world since its culminate in 2009. It is not only the world tallest building but is higher 1,046 feet from the world’s old record holder, Taipei 101 of Taiwan. Burj Khalifa is not only the tallest building in the world it has also snagged a grasp of other swaggering records;
- Tallest building in the world.
- Tallest free standing structure in the world.
- Highest number of stories in the world
- Highest occupied floor in the world.
- Highest outdoor observation deck in the world.
- Elevator with the longest travel distance in the world.
- Tallest service elevator in the world.
- World’s highest swimming pool in a building (level 76).
The Burj khalifa’s looks are based on a flower named the Spider Lily (Hymenocallis) that is found in South America and Mexico. The Dubai’s tower name was decided at very last minute. It was changed from Burj Dubai to Burj Khalifa in perspective to give honor to the president of UAE and Abu Dhabi’s ruler ‘Sheikh Khalifa bin Zayed Al Nahyan’, who gave funds to create the billion-dollar iconic masterpiece.
Burj Khalifa was designed to be the master piece of a large scale, include 30,000 homes, nine hotels, 7.4 acres of parkland, almost 19 residential skyscrapers, the Dubai Mall, 30-acre fake lake of Burj Khalifa.
According to officials, it was important for project like Burj Khalifa to be construct in order to assemble more international recognition and investment too. Sheikh Mohammed bin Rashed Al Maktoum wanted to add Dubai on the map with something really amazing.
Dubai has borrowed almost 80$ billion for construction. In the 2000s, Dubai started expanding its economy but it experienced from an economic crisis in 2007-2010, leaving already large scale projects in construction uninhibited.
also visit: http://uaewave.com/2020-expo-pavilions/
Construction of Burj Khalifa started in 2004 and exterior was completed after 5 years in 2009. The first structure is augmented by concrete and building was opened as a part of Downtown Dubai a new development in 2010. The decision to build the Burj is under government decision to array from an oil based economy and to help Dubai to gain recognition internationally.
Abu Dhabi and UAE government offered Dubai money to pay its accounts. The building tremendous height records. Burj Khalifa was designed by US based architect Adrian Smith, Skidmore Owings and Merrill and their firms is famous who designed the One World Trade center and Willis tower as well.
Construction started on 2004 January,6 and exterior completed on October 1, 2009. It is situated of 2 km2 (490-acre) in Downtown Dubai at the first interchange with Sheikh Zayed Road, close to Dubai’s main business district.
Architecture & Design
The tower of Burj Khalifa was designed by Skidmore, Merrill and Owings. They use the bundled tube design of Willis tower which is invented by Fazlur Rahman Khan. Because of its tubular system, commensurably only half amount of steel was used in building the tower, as compare to the Empire state building.
Fazlur Rahman Khan’s contributions to the designs of tall structure buildings had profound a great impact on architecture and engineering sector. It is difficult to find any tall building in the world that is not built by influencing from his designs.
When Adrian Smith was formulating the project at SOM, he looked out from the window of his office towards Lake Point Tower twisted three wings, and he said there is the prototype. In the early planning, burj was designed to be entirely residential.
They choose Hyder consulting to do the job of supervisor engineer and Norr group Consultants international limited to monitor the architect of the building. The design is taken from Islamic architecture as the tower stand ups from flat desert, 27 setbacks are there in spiral area that are decreasing the cross section of burj, going upward and making comfortable outdoor terrace.
The spire of burj is unfazed of more than 4,000 tons of structural steel. The main pinnacle pipe has 350-ton weight and has a height of 200 meters. It’s also houses communications apparatus. Without this spire Burj Khalifa is only 585 meters tall, which means empty spire could be a skyscraper by itself.
Architects had announced in 2009 that more than 1000 pieces of art would furnish the interior of Burj Khalifa, and the residential lobby of Burj will show the work of Jaume Plensa. The glass offers solar, thermal performance and anti-shield for intense desert sun, extreme temperatures of desert and strong winds. This glass is covered more than 1,870,00 sq ft in area.
A 304-room Armani hotel, occupies 15 of lower 39 floors. There are so many facilities such as corporate suites, offices, hotel and observation deck, swimming pools on different floors, private residential apartments, an outdoor swimming pool, corporate offices and rooms are min most of the floors, Atmosphere restaurant, sky lobby, indoor and outdoor observation deck. Above mentioned all are situated in Burj khalifa tower in various floors which you will explore once you will visit it.
The Burj has 57 elevators that has capacity of 12 to 14 people and 8 escalators. There engineers installed world’s speediest double-deck elevator which is equipped by LCD displays to entertain the visitors during their tour to the observation deck. The building has total 2,909 stairs from ground floor to 160th.
Features of the building
- Air conditioning system which draws air from upper floors where air is cooler and cleaner than the ground floor.
- Plumbing systems in which water supplies an average of 946,00 L water per day from 100km long pipes. They provide chill water for air conditioning systems.
- The Dubai Fountain which is designed by WET enterprises fixed with 6,600 lights and 50 colored projectors, it shoots water almost 150 m into the air along with Arabic or any other cultural music.
- Observation deck is one another feature of the building, situated on 124th It is the highest observation deck in the world which features electronic telescope, that allows visitors to entertain with surrounding mesmerizing views, save them and can watch previously saved images as well.
- Burj Khalifa has a park surrounded by 27 acres that designed by landscape architects SWA group. In the middle of the park is water room, which is a continuous series of water jet fountains and pools.
- At Burj Khalifa Sun can be seen still 5 minutes after set at ground level this has led Dubai to rule that the people living above 80th floor can break their fast after 2 minutes and those living after 150 floor can break after3 minutes from normal timings.
- Armani residence with 144 lush suites decorated beautifully on level 9 to 16.
Tickets prices are different according to the observation deck you choose and the day and time you choose to visit. Tickets should have booked in advance to avoid queues and same day tickets bought will be 2 times more expensive.
Adult’s ticket fee is 35$ and children age from 4 to 11 ticket fee is 25$
The average entertaining time to visit Burj Khalifa is almost 4 to 5 hours but only for the top you should plan 90 minutes which is very accessible for all age visitors. It has full Wi-Fi access throughout the Burj. The best time to visit it during Sunset between 4pm to 6pm. Burj Khalifa is one of the most beautiful places in Middle East. It is worth going to visit Burj Khalifa.
visit official website: https://www.burjkhalifa.ae/