Jobs in UAE: Emirates, Dubai’s flagship airline, and flydubai, Dubai’s budget airline, are both hiring in the UAE as the aviation sector opens up.
During the next six months, Emirates will hire over 6,000 employees, including pilots, cabin crew, engineers, and ground staff to support the airline’s growth.
The industry analyst predicts that airlines will ramp up hiring in 2020 after massive layoffs in 2020 as a result of lockdowns after the Covid-19 pandemic.
The reopening of the aviation sector has significantly increased the capacity of both local airlines, which had been reduced by the pandemic.
Emirates and flydubai have listed the following jobs and their requirements on their websites:
- Purchasing Officer: The Purchasing Officer must have a Bachelor’s degree and six years of experience and be responsible for reviewing and ensuring that materials orders are within budget.
- Admin Coordinator – IT: A high school diploma or equivalent, experience working with Microsoft tools, particularly Excel. Worked as an IT support professional for at least two years, with experience in systems, support, diagnostics, and resolution.
- Marketing Officer: Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience, plus four years’ experience. Assists in verifying and checking all project materials, including specifications for advertising and print.
- Materials Planning: Bachelor’s degree in engineering (mechanical, electrical, electronics, production, industrial, manufacturing, aviation) or its equivalent. At least seven years’ experience.
- Officer – Commercial Systems: Bachelor’s degree in engineering, finance, statistics, accounting, economics or mathematics. A minimum of four years of experience.
- Senior Officer – Commercial Systems: Bachelor’s degree in engineering/finance/statistics/accounting/economics/mathematics. Experience of at least seven years is preferred.
- Skywards Programme Manager: The Skywards Programme Manager is required to possess a university degree or an honours degree (12+3 equivalent); experience delivering complex projects, understanding of loyalty programs, and experience with B2C digital solutions.
- Crew Logistics Officer (temporary): The position requires a degree or honours (12+3 equivalent); at least two years of experience in the cargo/aviation industry (experience as a cabin crew is an asset).
- The Systems Operations Officer (Skywards) position requires a degree or honours (12+3 equivalent); a minimum of five years’ experience in IT, Systems, Project Management, Loyalty domain, interfaces, and/or Quality Assurance.
also read: Top Places to visit in Dubai
- Data Support Executive: a high school diploma or equivalent; five years of experience in the travel and tourism industry; diploma in IT applications or basic programming; and knowledge of coding languages such as JSON, Python, and SQL.
- A Finance Supervisor (Credit Card Transactions) has five years or more experience in finance, insurance, and financial management; a 12-year school or equivalent; an accounting degree is desirable.
- Warehouse & Logistics Officer: Work experience of five years or more; 12 years of schooling or equivalent; Competent in office applications and systems, warehouse/inventory/ERP systems, and sound knowledge of aircraft/engineering maintenance data.
- Warehouse & Logistics Assistants: Over three years’ experience; ten years of schooling; A valid UAE driver’s license and Airside Driving Permit (ADP) are highly desirable.
- Stores & Inventory Control Manager: The Stores and Inventory Control Manager must have a degree (12+3 or equivalent); five years experience managing stock and inventory, with a minimum of five years experience at the supervisory level. At least five years’ experience in purchasing and purchasing systems, and at least one year of supervisory experience.
- Software Engineer (Java): Over three years of software development experience, ideally in the airline industry. Bachelor’s degree (12+3) or equivalent in a relevant field, such as computer science, computational mathematics, computer engineering or software engineering.
- Licensed Aircraft Engineer: A Licensed Aircraft Engineer must hold a vocational or diploma (12+2 or equivalent) with at least one aircraft type approval and 7+ years of experience as an Aircraft Technician in an airline or maintenance organization.
- Senior IT Risk Analyst: Over five years of experience in risk management, cyber security, and governance.
- Senior Digital Content Executives: In some cases, proficiency in specific languages is required for senior digital content executives with five years’ experience. A familiarity with SDL Tridion Content Management or other CMS systems would be advantageous.