Lost Passport in Dubai-Whether you are a UAE resident or a tourist, losing your passport can be a source of anxiety and stress. Nevertheless, if you want to apply for a new passport in the UAE, you can file a police complaint relatively quickly through smart services offered by police authorities.
The following steps will assist you in applying for a new passport in Dubai if you have lost this important document.
Dubai Police’s online service can issue you a ‘lost passport certificate’ within 24 hours. . When applying online, however, you will need to upload a scanned copy of your passport as one of the required documents.
You would first need to contact your embassy or consulate if you do not have a scanned or photocopy of your passport.
What is the application process?
If you have lost your passport certificate, you can apply for it by visiting:
1. Apps for Apple and Android devices are available for Dubai Police – ‘Dubai Police’
2. Police station with smart technology
3. Website of the Dubai Police – dubaipolice.gov.ae
What is the procedure for applying for a lost passport certificate in Dubai?
Passport certificates can be requested from Dubai Police’s ‘lost items’ service. The process can be completed through the Dubai Police website by following these steps:
1. Visit the link: https://www.dubaipolice.gov.ae/wps/portal/home/services/individualservicescontent/lostitemsDetails/!ut/p/z0/04_Sj9CPykssy0xPLMnMz0vMAfIjo8zi_T29HQ2NvA18_X1D3QwCLV2cgjx9HY1dQs30g1Pz9AuyHRUBkK96Mw!!/?lang=ar
You can access the service by clicking on the green button.
3. If you wish to report any lost item, you must choose which category it belongs to. Choosing ‘documents’ from the drop-down menu will help you if you’ve lost your passport. Select ‘passport’ as the subcategory.
4. Your mobile number and email address must be entered.
5. The passport number should be entered next.
6. You will then be prompted to enter your name as it appears on your passport
7. From the drop-down menu, select the country of issue.
8. There are four types of passports: Ordinary, Diplomatic, Official, and VIP. Make sure you choose the right passport type for you.
9. Please enter the expiration date of your passport.
10. You will be asked to enter your birthdate.
11. Your passport copy needs to be uploaded.
12. You will then need to determine where the lost item was last seen – for example, where your passport was left.
13. After that, choose the date on which the passport was lost.
14. Click on ‘submit’ once the application is complete.
15. To issue the certificate, you must pay using a debit or credit card after submitting the application.
16. The transaction number will be sent to you via SMS and email once you have made the payment. If necessary, you can follow up on the request through this number.
A lost passport certificate will be emailed to you within 24 hours.
Dubai Police recommends visiting your country’s consulate or embassy if you do not have a passport copy.
How much does it cost to replace a lost passport certificate?
The following fees are listed on the Dubai Police website:
The lost passport certificate will cost you Dh50
A fee of Dh20 is charged for knowledge and innovation
The cost of the certificate will be Dh100 if you apply in person at the Smart Police Station.
In order to obtain a new passport, you must visit your country’s embassy or consulate after receiving the lost passport certificate.